Re: Hikers rescued in white out, winter conditions from Mt. Elbert

N6JFD

Not to mention the big search in Southern California on Mt Baldy last December whoch resulted in one Searcher dying (lost footing and slid down a face).  They did not find that subject till June or July.

Most SAR teams are volunteers

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 18:19 okernytskyy via groups.io <okernytskyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Folks,

Not all rescue are successful.
Woman died on Mt Whitney trail this weekend from hypothermia.
Please use common sense during winter activations, and check weather forecast before you will go.

73! Oleh
KD7WPJ

On Monday, November 9, 2020, 09:05:32 AM PST, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Hey, its winter out there!

Hikers rescued in white out, winter conditions from Mt. Elbert

https://kdvr.com/news/local/hikers-rescued-in-white-out-winter-conditions-from-mt-elbert/

LAKE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Two hikers were rescued early Sunday morning by a Lake County Search and Rescue (LCSAR) volunteer team and a Chaffee County Search and Rescue (CCSAR) team after going off trail on Mt. Elbert.

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radi

--
this was pounded out on my iPhone and i have fat fingers plus  two left thumbs :)

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning.

Join ham14er@ham14er.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.