Re: Colorado 14er Event - Aug 1 & 2, 2020

Mark Molberg

(Yeah, it helps if you are retired.)

That's funny Bob, I am trying to juggle Employer Time, YL time, Hunting time and SOTA time. I have hit a few summits while elk hunting!

Mark
N0MTN

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 09:16:44 PM MST, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Another thing to consider...

For some of us that first week in August has turned into SOTA week.
Saturday and Sunday are the Colorado 14er Event.
Thursday and Friday are used for warmup hikes and SOTA activations.
There is usually a bunch of SOTA activity Wed through Sun.

So if your schedule allows, set aside a few extra days.
(Yeah, it helps if you are retired.)

73 Bob

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

On 24-Jan-21 10:22 PM, Bob K0NR wrote:
The event is always the first full weekend in August, so that means Aug 7 & 8, 2021.

Also posted here: ham14er.org

Good to start planning!

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

On 24-Jan-21 9:36 PM, Eric KF0AUK via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bob,

I'm starting to do advance planning for 2021, work events, river trips, etc. Is the 2021 Ham14er weekend likely to be the first weekend in August? If the weekend hasn't been set yet then feel free to ignore me . . . I'll just keep an eye on group postings.

Thanks!

Eric

--
KF0AUK