Re: [w0c-sota] North America Adventure Frequency: 146.58 MHz

Dan Huber

Thanks for the information, Bob.   I will get this added to my scan list for chasing.

Also, I may try this frequency out this weekend while we participate in the Winter Field Day event.   We will be on the air 12pm Saturday to 12pm Sunday (Mountain Time) from Mueller State Park.   We will also be operating all the HF bands both SSB and Digital.    Callsign is NX0G.

73,
Dan, KN0MAP

On Jan 20, 2021, at 8:50 PM, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Please note that the North America Adventure Frequency is 146.58 MHz, which is intended to be complementary to using 146.52 MHz.
My blog post on the topic is here:
https://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2021/01/north-america-adventure-freq/

Some key points are:
  • The North America Adventure Frequency is 146.58 MHz.
  • This frequency is in addition to, not a replacement for, the National Simplex Calling Frequency 146.52 MHz.
  • Local usage will likely vary depending on needs.
  • Program 146.58 MHz as The Other Simplex Frequency in your radio.
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Join ham14er@ham14er.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.