Re: [w0c-sota] North America Adventure Frequency: 146.58 MHz

Mark Molberg

I will have to keep Mueller State Park in mind.

Annette, KA0JKZ, and I are going to Fort Morgan this Friday to look at a toy hauler camping trailer. We are staying in a motel in Brush, Colorado on Friday night. Saturday morning we will be at Jackson Lake State Park, K-1222 to play Winter Field Day and POTA.

The new toy hauler will be nice. Memorial Day Weekend and other times in the summer, we camp with other ham friends. I can bring my motorcycle along and take it out during the day for SOTA trips.

We will get for weekends with the camper.

Mark
N0MTN

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 07:33:59 PM MST, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Joyce and I did a POTA activation from Mueller SP a few weeks ago. I did not realize it is such a good vhf location (no SOTA tho).

BobW
Sent from mobile device

On Jan 26, 2021, at 7:21 PM, Dan Huber <maprider@...> wrote:

Thanks for the information, Bob.   I will get this added to my scan list for chasing.

Also, I may try this frequency out this weekend while we participate in the Winter Field Day event.   We will be on the air 12pm Saturday to 12pm Sunday (Mountain Time) from Mueller State Park.   We will also be operating all the HF bands both SSB and Digital.    Callsign is NX0G.

73,
Dan, KN0MAP

On Jan 20, 2021, at 8:50 PM, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Please note that the North America Adventure Frequency is 146.58 MHz, which is intended to be complementary to using 146.52 MHz.
My blog post on the topic is here:
https://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2021/01/north-america-adventure-freq/

Some key points are:
  • The North America Adventure Frequency is 146.58 MHz.
  • This frequency is in addition to, not a replacement for, the National Simplex Calling Frequency 146.52 MHz.
  • Local usage will likely vary depending on needs.
  • Program 146.58 MHz as The Other Simplex Frequency in your radio.
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Join ham14er@ham14er.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.