Re: Fun day on Boot Mountain

Bob K0NR

Hi Matt,
Great photos...except for that smoke 😁
Thanks for the S2S contact with Boot Mtn.

Bob

On 10-Aug-21 8:46 AM, Matt KJ4DER wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Had a great day running up Boot Mountain (W0C-LG-0018) with the family this past Saturday for the 14er Event. We got up early and rode a side by side and ATV to a saddle just below the summit and hoofed it the rest of the way to the top. We holed up behind an antenna installation on top to stay out of the wind and fired up a stove for some fresh coffee and had some bagels for breakfast. I jumped right on my yagi just after 9am and started listening/making calls and quickly made a few S2S contacts with stations on Uncompahgre (W0ADV), Mt. Evans (KM4PEH), Kaufman Ridge (KX0R, W7UM), Pikes Peak (K0NR), and Snowmass (N0EDE). Smoky day overall but great weather and fun to get out. Attached a couple photos.

Cheers!

KJ4DER (Matt)

Join ham14er@ham14er.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.