From: ham14er@ham14er.groups.io <ham14er@ham14er.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron K6CPR
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:06 AM
To: ham14er@ham14er.groups.io
Subject: [ham14er] CANCELLED-Postponed 24 Hours Mt Antero

CANCELLED due to high winds. Gusts on the ridge to 24 by 0800 and 37 mph by 1100. The winds look lighter on Thursday, so we are postponing 24 hours at this point.

Thank you all for your support and hope to work everyone on Thursday.

Ron K6CPR

& Sheri K6SBB

Ron K6CPR

OK, I'll fix the typo.  Can you give me a wide guesstimate on your time Jon?

TNX,
Ron K6CPR

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM Jon Richardson (KM4PEH) <jonrichardsonbama@...> wrote:

Your alert says 145.52.  I assume you mean 146.52.

Hopefully, I can S2S with you from FR-019 or FR-041.  My time on the summit(s) will be difficult to predict.

Jon

CANCELLED due to high winds. Gusts on the ridge to 24 by 0800 and 37 mph by 1100. The winds look lighter on Thursday, so we are postponing 24 hours at this point.

Thank you all for your support and hope to work everyone on Thursday.

Ron K6CPR

& Sheri K6SBB

Jon Richardson (KM4PEH)

We’ll leave Colorado Springs at probably 5am and drive up.  Very optimistically, I could be on summit at 8:00, but realistically, I’m hoping 10:00 but it could possibly be later.  My wife is with me and the schedule details are a negotiation.  SOTA is not her deal, but she knows that its important to me.  I’ve never been to Rocky Mtn NP so I’m not sure what to expect.

I may be able to be in touch on the road.  Email me your phone and I’ll text my progress – when I have cell coverage.  My memory of Antero was that I had Verizon coverage up there – no idea what its like in RMNP.  Maybe there is a repeater we could talk on?  Maybe the Colorado Connection for starters?

Jon

KM4PEH

JonRichardsonBama@...

CANCELLED due to high winds. Gusts on the ridge to 24 by 0800 and 37 mph by 1100. The winds look lighter on Thursday, so we are postponing 24 hours at this point.

Thank you all for your support and hope to work everyone on Thursday.

Ron K6CPR

& Sheri K6SBB

Bob K0NR

Joyce/K0JJW and I plan to be on Dicks Peak (W0C/FR-041) tomorrow around 10 am local, plus or minus. Easy shot to Antero.

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio