Colorado 14er Event - Aug 1 & 2, 2020

Bob K0NR

Hi Everyone,
I think I can see the start of summer just around the corner, so it is time to start thinking about the Colorado 14er Event.

August 1 and 2, 2020

Mark your calendars now. (Note that the event is right at the beginning of August, so it will likely sneak up on us right after July finishes.)
The ham14er.org website should be up to date and is a good place to get more information about the event.

I put a new "database" out on groups.io as the place to list your operating plans.
https://ham14er.groups.io/g/main/table?id=29083

We call it the Colorado 14er Event, but its really a great weekend for Summits On The Air (SOTA).
There are plenty of SOTA summits to choose from with a wide range of hiking difficulty.
See http://www.w0c-sota.org/

73 Bob
Check out my new book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Eric KF0AUK

Hi Bob,

I'm starting to do advance planning for 2021, work events, river trips, etc. Is the 2021 Ham14er weekend likely to be the first weekend in August? If the weekend hasn't been set yet then feel free to ignore me . . . I'll just keep an eye on group postings.

Thanks!

Eric

--
KF0AUK
Eric Stephenson

Bob K0NR

The event is always the first full weekend in August, so that means Aug 7 & 8, 2021.

Also posted here: ham14er.org

Good to start planning!

Check out my book:

On 24-Jan-21 9:36 PM, Eric KF0AUK via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bob,

I'm starting to do advance planning for 2021, work events, river trips, etc. Is the 2021 Ham14er weekend likely to be the first weekend in August? If the weekend hasn't been set yet then feel free to ignore me . . . I'll just keep an eye on group postings.

Thanks!

Eric

--
KF0AUK
Eric Stephenson

Eric KF0AUK

Thank you!!!

--
KF0AUK
Eric Stephenson

Bob K0NR

Another thing to consider...

For some of us that first week in August has turned into SOTA week.
Saturday and Sunday are the Colorado 14er Event.
Thursday and Friday are used for warmup hikes and SOTA activations.
There is usually a bunch of SOTA activity Wed through Sun.

So if your schedule allows, set aside a few extra days.
(Yeah, it helps if you are retired.)

73 Bob

Check out my book:

On 24-Jan-21 10:22 PM, Bob K0NR wrote:
The event is always the first full weekend in August, so that means Aug 7 & 8, 2021.

Also posted here: ham14er.org

Good to start planning!

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

On 24-Jan-21 9:36 PM, Eric KF0AUK via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bob,

I'm starting to do advance planning for 2021, work events, river trips, etc. Is the 2021 Ham14er weekend likely to be the first weekend in August? If the weekend hasn't been set yet then feel free to ignore me . . . I'll just keep an eye on group postings.

Thanks!

Eric

--
KF0AUK
Eric Stephenson

Mark Molberg

(Yeah, it helps if you are retired.)

That's funny Bob, I am trying to juggle Employer Time, YL time, Hunting time and SOTA time. I have hit a few summits while elk hunting!

Mark
N0MTN

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 09:16:44 PM MST, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian

Wow,

Hitting an Elk while operating a peak ought to be work some number of bonus points .   I like your call sign :);

Brian

N6IZ

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 09:16:44 PM MST, Bob K0NR <bob@k0nr.com> wrote:

Another thing to consider...

For some of us that first week in August has turned into SOTA week.
Saturday and Sunday are the Colorado 14er Event.
Thursday and Friday are used for warmup hikes and SOTA activations.
There is usually a bunch of SOTA activity Wed through Sun.

So if your schedule allows, set aside a few extra days.
(Yeah, it helps if you are retired.)

73 Bob

Bob Witte, K0NR
bob@k0nr.com <mailto:bob@k0nr.com>