Ham14er and PNW NQF

Bill K7WXW

The first annual Pacific Northwest Not-Quite-Fourteener was a success... we had thirteen SOTA ops on summits on Saturday and along with a bunch of local contacts, lots of S2S QSOs with California, Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona operators were made. Thanks to everyone who made a contact with any of us up here in two-point-peak land.  :)  I will send out a note when I have finished compiling data on QSOs, S2S, and points earned but if the feedback from others and my log is any indication (38 contacts, 20 S2S, 109 S2S points in about two hours), everyone had a pretty good day.

And yes, we will be out there again next year!

73 Bill K7WXW

Bill K7WXW

I've heard back from most of the SOTA ops who were out for the Pacific Northwest Not-Quite-Fourteener event on August 7th and 8th.  Almost everyone went out on the first day of the event.  Here's some of the data shared:

- On Saturday, there were fifteen SOTA operators on summits in Washington and Oregon.
- Eleven posted alerts on SOTAWatch and included PNW NQF in the alert comment.
- QSOs:  341
- S2S QSOs: 179

From the data I received, it looks like the average S2S QSO was six points and at least half of the S2S contacts were out-of-state. As expected, our local ops enjoyed all the making S2S contacts with all the ops doing ten point summits in CA, AZ, and CO!  In addition to Washington and Oregon, S2S contacts were made with Nevada, Wyoming, California, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, and British Columbia.

I think we can declare the first annual PNW NFQ a success.  Thanks to all the Ham14er ops who answered our S2S calls.  We all had a blast!

73 Bill K7WXW