Topics

Ham 14 week: Frequency Starting points for 2 meters FM, 20 meters SSB, and 40 meters SSB

nmmi9100

I may be in the San Juans over the weekend of 1-2 August.  Can someone please direct me to the starting frequencies that are anticipated for the event?  I'm mostly interested in 2 meters FM, 20 meters SSB, and 40 meters SSB.  It's been a few years since I've been able to participate, so I would very much appreciate the help.

73

/David
N4MMI

Peter Ebertowski

David,
Here are the frequencies for 2 meters. Links below may have additional info.
Peter KD0YOB

Frequencies used during the event
Activity can occur on any amateur band including HF and VHF. The 2m fm band plan uses a “primary frequency and move up” approach. The 2m fm primary frequency is 147.42 MHz. At the beginning of the event, operators should try calling on 147.42 MHz. As activity increases on that frequency, move on up the band using the 30 kHz steps. Don’t just hang out on 147.42 MHz…move up! The next standard simplex frequency up from 147.42 MHz is 147.45 MHz, followed by 147.48 and 147.51 MHz.

Colorado 14er Event announcement on K0NR blog

Jul 17

I posted this announcement on my blog announcing the Colorado 14er Event.
It may be a convenient place to link to:
https://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2020/07/2019-colorado-14er-event-2/

Or just point to the event web site:  http://www.ham14er.org

I am also attaching the event flyer, in the rare instance that you actually want to hand someone a piece of paper.

Please help spread the word!

73 Bob
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Bob K0NR

David,