Topics

Heads Up: Colorado 14er Event Coming Up Quick (August 1 & 2)

Bob K0NR

Here it is July 8th already.
Note that the Colorado 14er Event falls on August 1 & 2, so it will sneak up on us quickly.

I see that some folks have posted their intended operating plans. Thanks!
Take a look here: https://ham14er.groups.io/g/ham14er/table?id=29083

73 Bob
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Bob K0NR

Hey, I see that people are posting their operating plans in the database.
Thanks!   Its looking good!

(Yes, I finally got ours posted :-) )

On 08-Jul-20 8:14 PM, Bob K0NR wrote:
Here it is July 8th already.
Note that the Colorado 14er Event falls on August 1 & 2, so it will sneak up on us quickly.

I see that some folks have posted their intended operating plans. Thanks!
Take a look here: https://ham14er.groups.io/g/ham14er/table?id=29083

73 Bob
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Mark Molberg

I had a collision with a car on my motorcycle on June 10th. I was hoping my ankle would heal up in time, but it is not getting much better. I will have to miss this year and will remove my plan for Mount Evans.

Instead I will spend that weekend camping where I have an elk tag for October/November. I will set up an HF station and hopefully do some chasing. I hope I can get a 14er complete if someone activates Missouri, Belford or Sherman (hint).

Mark
N0MTN

On Friday, July 17, 2020, 02:33:37 PM MDT, Bob K0NR <bob@...> wrote:

Hey, I see that people are posting their operating plans in the database.
Thanks!   Its looking good!

(Yes, I finally got ours posted :-) )

Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

On 08-Jul-20 8:14 PM, Bob K0NR wrote:
Here it is July 8th already.
Note that the Colorado 14er Event falls on August 1 & 2, so it will sneak up on us quickly.

I see that some folks have posted their intended operating plans. Thanks!
Take a look here: https://ham14er.groups.io/g/ham14er/table?id=29083

73 Bob
Check out my book:
VHF, Summits and More: Having Fun With Ham Radio

Bob K0NR

Mark,
Well, that is a bummer.

I saw your plan for biking up Evans which seems like a good idea with the road being closed.
Get better.

On 17-Jul-20 3:07 PM, Mark Molberg via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Mark Allsop

I have 72k miles on my Goldwing and have been the recipient of a few close calls in which automobile drivers did silly things; it's amazing how many people still text while driving, despite all of the warnings. Happy to hear that you came through your incident with only minor damage, Mark. Motorcycle/car encounters too often result in truly horrendous results for the motorcyclist.

Listen for KT0AM on Handies during the Sunday event!

Dino Darling

Mark! Thanks for doing Handies! We’ll be driving into Silverton on Sunday and I really didn’t have the time to do Handies this year so I’m glad someone is! We’ll work you on the way in! Please post your 2M frequencies!

Dino – KX6D

I have 72k miles on my Goldwing and have been the recipient of a few close calls in which automobile drivers did silly things; it's amazing how many people still text while driving, despite all of the warnings. Happy to hear that you came through your incident with only minor damage, Mark. Motorcycle/car encounters too often result in truly horrendous results for the motorcyclist.

Listen for KT0AM on Handies during the Sunday event!

Mark Allsop

This is my first San Juan peak, Dino, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be working the standard 14'er 2m and 440 frequencies. Hopefully I'll be able to hear some of the Front Range activators. I'll listen for you from Silverton.