Subject: [nasota] Results from the first annual Pacific Northwest Not Quite Fourteener
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 15:43:47 -0700
From: Bill K7WXW <K7WXW@...>
To: main@nasota.groups.io

I've heard back from most of the SOTA ops who were out for the Pacific Northwest Not-Quite-Fourteener event on August 7th and 8th.  Almost everyone went out on the first day of the event.  Here's some of the data shared:

- On Saturday, there were fifteen SOTA operators on summits in Washington and Oregon. There was at least one SOTA op out on Sunday.
- Eleven posted alerts on SOTAWatch and included PNW NQF in the alert comment.
- QSOs:  341
- S2S QSOs: 179

From the data I received, it looks like the average S2S QSO was six points and at least half of the S2S contacts were out-of-state. As expected, our local ops enjoyed all the making S2S contacts with all the ops doing ten point summits in CA, AZ, and CO!  In addition to Washington and Oregon, S2S contacts were made with Nevada, Wyoming, California, Colorado, Arizona, Idaho, and British Columbia.  Pretty much everyone had a good day out.

I think we can declare the first annual PNW NFQ a success.  Thanks to all of the activators out on summits, all the chasers, and everyone who responded to my email asking for feedback and data.

73 Bill K7WXW