[w0c-sota] Mount Democrat and Lincoln still closed

Bob K0NR

Forwarding...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [w0c-sota] Mount Democrat and Lincoln still closed
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 11:17:58 -0700
From: Brad WA6MM <wa6mm@...>
To: w0c-sota@groups.io

FYI...Mount Democrat (W0C/SR-059) and Mount Lincoln (W0C/FR-001) are still closed as organizations are still negotiating with the land owners to obtain access.  I believe the landowners are concerned about liability issues and getting sued. I don't know when or if access will be granted.  People need to stay away from these mountains until they finish the negotiations.

The Kite Lake parking area is open but the only SOTA peak you should do in this area is Mount Buckskin (W0C/SP-008).  I've done Buckskin and it's a nice peak to activate but it's mostly off-trail.

73, Brad
WA6MM