W0C Summits On The Air Meeting - Feb 24 - 7 PM

Bob K0NR

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [w0c-sota] W0C Summits On The Air Meeting - Feb 24 - 7 PM
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:14:59 -0800
From: Bob K0NR <bob@...>
To: w0c-sota@groups.io

Updated Agenda

WØC SOTA Meeting

Feb 24, 2021 - 7 PM Mountain

Instead of having a W0C dinner, we will be having an online meeting (via Zoom) to get the W0C SOTA folks together. SOTA enthusiasts outside of Colorado that have an interest in chasing or activating W0C are welcome to join us.

Feel free to forward this to people that are interested but don’t post the Zoom details on a public website (to avoid any malicious participants). No registration required.

Agenda

1. Welcome and introductions - 15 min
   (modulate the introduction time per person to fit into 15 minutes)

2. Short Topics - 2 hours

Each Short Topic has up to 10 minutes for presentation
These can just be verbal or include slides, depending on the topic
Keep it informal, low overhead on preparation
It does not have to take 10 minutes, can be shorter but not longer
Add up to 5 additional minutes for group discussion
So this gives us a maximum time of 15 minutes per Short Topic
With 2 hours for this, that is at least 8 topics, maybe more if they are shorter

Here’s are tentative list, subject to change. We have room for at least one more topic, so let me know if you want to present.

Short Topic

Presenter

Comments

W0C Honor Roll – Activator, Chaser, S2S

Bob/K0NR

More Than A Decade of SOTA in Colorado

Matt/K0MOS

Colorado 14 Event

Bob/K0NR

My First Year of SOTA

Al/N1SMB

Summit Approach Adventures

- First Activation of Oregon Butte, (W7I/IC-045)

- Second Activation of Cameron Cone, (W0C/FR-138)

Dan/KN0MAP

Activating Alpine Plateau W0C/WE-082

Curtis/KC5CW

Twenty-Four Summits in Europe

Cap/W0CCA

Icom IC-705 First Impressions

Steve/WG0AT

3. Wrap up  - 15 minutes
     Final comments, last minute discussion

Zoom Meeting Info

Topic: W0C SOTA Meeting

Time: Feb 24, 2021 07:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81261435464

Meeting ID: 812 6143 5464

Passcode: summits

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,81261435464# US (Houston)

+16699006833,,81261435464# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)