Culebra Peak hiking reservations confirmed!

KD5ZZK

I just received an email confirmation for my hiking reservation for the Ham 14er event Sunday August 4. Culebra Peak is on the privately owned Cielo Vista Ranch. The Ranch charges $100 per hiker and has a limit of 25 hikers per day. Reservations for the summer hiking season are accepted no earlier than May 15.

I'm really looking forward to the 14er event. This will be the highest mountain I've ever attempted to climb. So far, I've activated in 9 different SOTA Associations. If I'm successful activating Culebra Peak, W0 will be my 10th SOTA Assocation that I've activated in. This will earn me the Mountain Explorer - Silver award.

If anyone else is interested in joining me on Culebra, the reservation email address is cmbucks@ hotmail.com The Cielo Vista Ranch manager is Mr Sam L Wilson.

Andrew
KD5ZZK
Baton Rouge,LA