Bad weather continues in the San Juans

KD5ZZK

It's 4am local time Sat 8/6 here in the Telluride area. We didn't camp out at the Wilson Peak trailhead due to 60% chance of rain overnight. Hazardous weather continues today. Randy K5RHD and I were holding out hope until our wake up time this morning. After the alarm went off, we both checked our phones and had a decision to make. So disappointing to make all these plans and not follow through. We are now holding out hope for Sunday's weather forecast tomorrow morning. :-(

Andrew
KD5ZZK
Baton Rouge,LA
W5A-Arkansas SOTA manager

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND JUNCTION CO
517 AM MDT FRI AUG 5 2016

COZ001>014-017>023-UTZ022>025-027>029-061200-
LOWER YAMPA RIVER BASIN-CENTRAL YAMPA RIVER BASIN-
ROAN AND TAVAPUTS PLATEAUS-ELKHEAD AND PARK MOUNTAINS-
UPPER YAMPA RIVER BASIN-GRAND VALLEY-DEBEQUE TO SILT CORRIDOR-
CENTRAL COLORADO RIVER BASIN-GRAND AND BATTLEMENT MESAS-
GORE AND ELK MOUNTAINS/CENTRAL MOUNTAIN VALLEYS-
CENTRAL GUNNISON AND UNCOMPAHGRE RIVER BASIN-
WEST ELK AND SAWATCH MOUNTAINS-FLAT TOPS-
UPPER GUNNISON RIVER VALLEY-UNCOMPAHGRE PLATEAU AND DALLAS DIVIDE-
NORTHWEST SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS-SOUTHWEST SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS-
PARADOX VALLEY/LOWER DOLORES RIVER-
FOUR CORNERS/UPPER DOLORES RIVER-ANIMAS RIVER BASIN-
SAN JUAN RIVER BASIN-SOUTHEAST UTAH-EASTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS-
EASTERN UINTA BASIN-TAVAPUTS PLATEAU-ARCHES/GRAND FLAT-
LA SAL AND ABAJO MOUNTAINS-CANYONLANDS/NATURAL BRIDGES-
517 AM MDT FRI AUG 5 2016

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN
COLORADO.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

AMPLE MOISTURE REMAINS IN THE ATMOSPHERE AND WILL ALLOW YET
ANOTHER DAY OF HEAVY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS GENERALLY
SOUTHERN AREAS OF THE FORECAST AREA. FLASH FLOODING WILL BE A
DISTINCT POSSIBILITY THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING AS SLOW MOVING
SHOWERS AND STORMS MOVE OVERHEAD. A FLASH FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECTTO
ACCOUNT FOR THIS POSSIBILITY. SOME OVERNIGHT CONVECTION IS ALSO
POSSIBLE.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE WEEKEND THOUGH COVERAGE
AND INTENSITY SHOULD LESSEN SOMEWHAT. A DOWNTURN IN ACTIVITY IS
EXPECTED MONDAY AND TUESDAY BUT BY THURSDAY...MORE CONVECTION
LOOKS TO FIRE UP AGAIN.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED TODAY OR TONIGHT...HOWEVER
SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO RELAY RAINFALL AMOUNTS OR ANY OBSERVED
FLOODING TO THE GRAND JUNCTION FORECAST OFFICE.