Quandary Peak Activation W0C/PR-014, Sunday January 22nd

Mark Molberg

I have tried to activate this 14er the last two Sundays. On the 8th I did not have snowshoes and gave up after an hour of post holing. On the 15th, I hiked for almost 5 hours but being slow, it was noon and I was still a ways from the summit. I turned around at 13,500 ft. One of my snowshoe poles broke on me.

I am trying again tomorrow, Sunday January 22nd. I have been thinking about what gear I was trying to carry that I did not really need. I have better, smaller snowshoes with more teeth to use. Ill get an earlier start.

I am going to try to be on 7-ssb,14.285-ssb,144.200-ssb and 50.125-ssb. I hope to be calling CQ by noon.

Mark
N0MTN