Re: Quandary Peak Activation W0C/PR-014, Sunday January 22nd

Mark Molberg

Hi Brad, I got out my 817 and attached the antenna to the front but I was really having a hard time using my fingers. I could not see the radio with my glasses on, and when I took off my glasses, the wind blown snow was painful. I was very nervous about losing gloves and hat in the wind so I gave up. I'll be back on Quandary for another SOTA attempt sometime.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

On Jan 23, 2017 8:06 AM, "wa6mm@... [ham14er]" <ham14er@...> wrote:

Hi Mark (N0MTN),
Congrats on summitting on your third attempt!  The misery factor is indeed high now and I can relate to the wind and low temps.  It's hard to escape the wind on peaks like Quandary.  Did you try to make some 2M FM contacts? I activated Quandary with my 2M HT before I started using HF.