More signups coming in

Bob K0NR

More signups coming in. Thanks!

Sorry about the problems with Yahoo groups...we'll likely migrate to another system before next year.

I see KE0RBF has signed up for Pikes Peak on Sunday. Great! If you plan to drive up, be advised that access to the summit is via free shuttle bus due to construction on the new summit house. They will likely have you park at Devils Playground and catch the shuttle there.

If anyone else plans to do Pikes, let us know so people can coordinate. A crowd of people all trying to operate on the same band does not go well.

I see Mount Evans has activators on Saturday (W0CA) and Sunday (N0XDW). That is great to see. I will warn you that the summit area can get crowded on a nice summer weekend. K0JJW and I operated from there last year with just small VHF antennas and we had people climbing around us and stepping on gear. Try to find a spot out of the way and minimize the amount of space you take up.

73 Bob K0NR

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 31-Jul-18 3:11 PM, 'Bob Witte (K0NR)' @K0NR [ham14er] wrote:
Now we're talking...
There are 19 summits listed, including two W6's.
Keep them coming!

On 28-Jul-18 7:18 PM, wa6mm@... [ham14er] wrote:

Hi Bob,
I posted my plans for the 14er event next weekend. I see you did
also.  I plan to be on14ers both days and work as many stations as
possible -- on VHF and HF.

Looking forward to years years event!!!

Posted by: "Bob Witte (K0NR)" <@K0NR>

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links