From: "'Bob Witte (K0NR)' bob@... [ham14er]"
To: ham14er@...
Sent: Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:10:07 PM
Subject: [ham14er] Logging SOTA contacts for the 14er event

Just a few thoughts about logging your SOTA contacts from the 14er event

The SOTA program maintains a very robust database for keeping track of
SOTA contacts, both for "Activators" and "Chasers".
See http://www.sotadata.org.uk/

Its all done on the honor system, no QSLs or other confirmations required.

If you operated from a summit you probably worked other summits, which
is known as S2S (Summit-to-Summit). There are special awards for S2S
contacts.
Most mountaintop stations should submit both an "Activator" log, for
stations that worked you AND a "Chaser" log for the other SOTA summits
you worked.
The "Chaser" log is set up so that you can indicate S2S contacts.

The system is actually quite robust but might be a bit complex the first
time you use it. If you need help, give me a holler.

One last thought: there is a really cool SOTA log editor program (free,
runs on Windows) that I've found to be useful for creating and editing
SOTA logs.
See https://www.g0lgs.co.uk/soft_info.php?AppName=sotacsveditor
I've been using it a lot.

73 Bob K0NR