K0NR + K0JJW - Day 2 Colorado 14er Event

Bob K0NR

Day 2 of the Colorado 14er Event worked out well for Joyce/K0JJW and me.
We activated SP-042, an unnamed summit about 2 miles south of Cottonwood Pass.
This is a wonderful hike that follows the Continental Divide Trail, on top of the world.
This is the third time we've activated it. Highly recommended.

I think there were fewer activators out today but we still had plenty of action.
Most of our contacts were 2m FM but I was pleased to snag an S2S contact using 2m SSB with David/KI6YM on Princeton.
I also worked Jay/W9RM near Olathe, CO at a distance of about 85 miles. Easy peasy on 2m SSB.
I also caught Bob/W0BV on 6m SSB.

The weather cooperated and only a single thundercloud was in the area around 1 PM as we reached the trailhead.

73 Bob