Re: KI6YMZ Trip Report - Sneffels/Wetterhorn/Princeton

David Stillman

The San Juans got absolutely pummeled by snow and avalanches this spring. Attached is a photo from of my truck I took on highway 550 near Silverton on April 18th. Colorado averages 0-1 D4 sized avalanches per winter; this past winter we had something like 20 on record, not including the many in the backcountry that went unreported.

Dave KI6YMZ

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, at 08:09, Scott Bastian wrote:

Thanks for sharing the photos, I have done all three of these hikes and really enjoyed the photos. I was in Ouray/Silverton/Telluride about a month ago and everything was till snow bound and not back country travel. I am glad to see they have gotten some of these roads opened up.   I tried to work folks from CA on HF but no luck this year.  It seems most of the 14er Activators are focused on VHF and up.  Thanks for slogging a HF radio up these trails.   I hope to moved to Parker this spring and I will be able to get out and do this event from a 14er next year    73 Scott AK6Q

Sent from Mail for Windows 10