Topics

14er Event QSLs

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

ham14er list:
We do have some special event QSLs made up for the 14er Event. There
is a space to indicate your callsign, operator name, mountain and
elevation. You can see the QSL card at the yahoo groups page.

If you'd like to QSL using these cards, just yet me know how many you
need and I will send some to you. There is no charge. (I am traveling
on business right now, so the response time will be slow.)

If you want to QSL with your own card, that is cool, too. Some people
use their computer graphics and color printer to make up a special
card.

Rob Wood <rwood@...>

Bob, I’m the newby here. Are these cards used to show that you made
contact with one of the operators on top of the mountains, or visa-vers?
In other words, in my case ( 5 contact award winner !) would I send
them each a card, or would I receive a card from each ? Or both ??

Rob in Littleton
KC0PQY

We do have some special event QSLs made up for the 14er Event. There
is a space to indicate your callsign, operator name, mountain and
elevation. You can see the QSL card at the yahoo groups page.

If you'd like to QSL using these cards, just yet me know how many you
need and I will send some to you. There is no charge. (I am traveling
on business right now, so the response time will be slow.)

If you want to QSL with your own card, that is cool, too. Some people
use their computer graphics and color printer to make up a special
card.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
063108:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/aut
oredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674∝=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=896021778>

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Rob,
Good question. We probably need to put this FAQ on the web site.

For the Colorado 14er Awards, no QSL cards are required, just the
log information as submitted from the person applying for the
award. We are relying on most people being honest in their
reporting and we usually have enough log info to spot an obvious
fraudulent application.

So really the QSLs are a nice follow up to the contact. Some people
collect them and will try to get QSLs from all of the summits.
(I know because they complain to me when they can't seem to get
the mountaintop station to send one!). My advice to mountaintop
stations is:
1) Respond to every QSL sent to you (either with the special
event QSL or one of your own). Proper QSL etiquette is for
the requester of a QSL to send a Self-Addressed Stamped
Envelope along with their QSL card so that the cost of
postage is not a burden for the sender. Of course, some
people fail to do this.
2) Send out QSLs for contacts that you'd like to get confirmed.
Some people send out QSLs for every contact. If you really
want a reply, send an SASE. If you are doing it just to
provide the other station with the special event QSL, then
you can skip the SASE.
3) If you hear of someone that is having trouble getting the
special event card for a specific contact, have them contact
me. Since some mountaintop operators fail to respond
to QSL requests, in cases where I know that the contact occurred,
I will send out a card. When someone takes the time to participate
in the event by working the mountaintop stations, I don't want
them to go away grumpy.