Topics

2019 Ham14er Activation Plans

Bob K0NR

I created a table in the database section of the ham14er groups.io group for indicating your operating plans.
Yes, summer is almost here! (Thanks for the reminder, Terry.)

The idea is to share your plans with other people so we can coordinate our efforts. It would be best to spread out and not have multiple parties on the same summit. But if we do, it is important to coordinate to maximize the fun and minimize the frustration. The main issue is that two stations on the same amateur band on the same summit will definitely interfere with each other.

The database function in groups.io seems to be more capable than the old yahoo groups, so I took advantage of some of the features. We will see how well it works. Any problems, let me know.

You may also want to post an alert on the sotawatch.org web page.

73 Bob K0NR

On 17-May-19 11:55 AM, Terry Carter wrote:

Hey Bob!  Will you be putting up an activation plans database on the new ham14ers groups.io site?

73,
Terry (KE0HNW)

Brian

Hello Bob,

Great work.  Likely I am missing this but I don't see a date either in this email or in the database section of the Groupio description.  Could you let me know the date of the event ?

Regards,

Brian N6IZ

--
Pelagic Autopilot LLC

Bob K0NR

Brian,

Good point. I added the date to the database file.

Or you can always look here: http://www.ham14er.org/

First full weekend in August, so it's Aug 3 & 4 this year.

73 Bob