From: Rixon Rixon [mailto:rixon31337@...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:58 AM
To: ham14er@...
Subject: [ham14er] 220 MHz Ops

Hello All,

I'm just trying to get a feeler for how many stations will be running 220 on
the big day. I have a Yaesu FT-109RH 5 Watt HT that I'll be bringing along.
If there are some other stations who'll have a rig with them, and I decide
to drive up a peak, I'll bring a couple of 220 Yagis and stack them.
Otherwise, they're too big a bulky to bring along. We still haven't choose
a peak yet.

73,

DE Paul K0DEZ

Paul Rixon <rixon31337@...>

Hi Phil,

My radio is FM only. It's an OLD rig, and doesn't do much, but it's better than nothing.

Right now I'm leaning to Mount Evans, which would mean I'll bring the Yagis. The only other possibility is Quandary Peak, but I would wanto do the Crist Couloir, and the more I read, it looks like it's a down-only thing. And during the winter! It's probably better this way though. We would do Pikes Peak, but it's going to cost quite a bit more, and would mean a longer drive to get a Buffalo Burger after the event is over.

73,

DE Paul K0DEZ