Topics

222 MHz and Up Distance Contest

Bob K0NR

The ARRL UHF Contest, which has been on the same weekend as the Colorado 14er Event, has been reformed as the "222 MHz and Up Distance Contest." See complete rules: http://www.arrl.org/222-mhz-and-up-distance-contest

During the 14er event, you can make contacts in the contest using frequencies of 222 MHz and higher. (Last year, I made a few contacts on 432 MHz in the contest while participating in the 14er event.) You'll need to be prepared with the 6-character (not 4-character) grid locator, which is used in the contest. The ham14er web site has a list of the 14er summits and their grid locator: https://sites.google.com/site/ham14er/mountain-list Or you can look up the summit information via sotawatch.org to get the grid location.

73, Bob K0NR

Man...now I need to figure out how to operate my HT on 70cm ;-)!!

-Brad
WA6MM

Mark Molberg

A couple of weeks ago I was activating Grizzly Peak, W0C/SP-004. Using the Yaesu 817 and an Elk yagi, I called CQ on 446 MHz several times with no takers. I'll try 446 MHz again the next few weekends. I have no equipment for 222 MHz.

Mark
NØMTN

On Friday, July 28, 2017 12:02 PM, "wa6mm@... [ham14er]" wrote:

Man...now I need to figure out how to operate my HT on 70cm ;-)!!

-Brad

Brad,
I am sure you are up to the challenge.

Bob K0NR