Topics

Sherman

Peter Fahringer <pfahringer@...>

Hey Jeff.
I can probably stop in on 449.450 after 6:30, what time? I've got a 2M
tape measure beam that works well, if I don't do Sherman, its available for
use by anyone. I'll be using/bringing a FT-50 dual HT with a few batteries
and a extendable whip, same setup as I had on Quandary last year. If you
really want me to suffer, I could bring an IC-706MKII and gel-cell for
other bands, but that's not in my plans.

I've did Longs 3 years ago and its still my favorite 14er so I'd love to
join the crew, but it'd also be nice to climb a new peak. Let me know what
time and I'll hop on 449.450.

BTW, I'm based in Lafayette.

73's, Pete

At 03:35 PM 8/21/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Peter can you get in touch with us on the 449.450 repeater this evening? I
contacted Chris off list and he will most likely join us, and i suspect there
would be room for you as well, or at least if you join us it increases the
odds
that one of us will make it to the top. I intend to bring a 70 cm Beam and
perhaps a dipole for 20. We will have the FT-817 with us. If you have a 2
meter
beam that would be great, or some other band to help us cover the bases.
73 de NØXDW

Peter Fahringer wrote:

Hi all.

I have out-of-town guests this weekend (my parents!), but am entertaining
the possiblity of climbing Mt. Sherman early in the day and meeting them
in Breck by lunch. Wondering if anyone else has Sherman in their sights?
Alternatively, I'm interested in joining Jeff (N0XDW) and/or Ron (KØLMD) on
Longs early in the day. Could you guys email or call me with your
schedule?

I was on top of Humboldt Peak on Monday and enjoyed the views. Worked a
couple 2m repeaters in CO, NM, and even Amarillo TX before returning
down. Hoping to work as many mt. top stations as possible regardless of
where I end up.

P.S. Chris (KOCAO), the Yahoo database shows Jeff and Ron climbing Longs.

73's, K3OG

Peter Fahringer
S.M. Stoller Corporation
990 S. Public Rd., Suite A
Lafayette, CO 80026
(303) 546-4488 (Direct)
(303) 443-1408 (Fax)

Peter Fahringer
S.M. Stoller Corporation
990 S. Public Rd., Suite A
Lafayette, CO 80026
(303) 546-4488 (Direct)
(303) 443-1408 (Fax)

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

Peter can you get in touch with us on the 449.450 repeater this evening? I
contacted Chris off list and he will most likely join us, and i suspect there
would be room for you as well, or at least if you join us it increases the odds
that one of us will make it to the top. I intend to bring a 70 cm Beam and
perhaps a dipole for 20. We will have the FT-817 with us. If you have a 2 meter
beam that would be great, or some other band to help us cover the bases.
73 de NXDW

Peter Fahringer wrote:

Hi all.

I have out-of-town guests this weekend (my parents!), but am entertaining
the possiblity of climbing Mt. Sherman early in the day and meeting them
in Breck by lunch. Wondering if anyone else has Sherman in their sights?
Alternatively, I'm interested in joining Jeff (N0XDW) and/or Ron (KLMD) on
[...]

Alternatively, I'm interested in joining Jeff (N0XDW) and/or Ron (N0EC) on Longs early in the day. Could you guys email or call me with your schedule?