Topics

Please Post Your Log

KD5ZZK

Randy K5RHD and I made it up Mt Sneffels on Sunday. The weather was perfect. However, I underestimated the scree slide and the 'chute'. We didn't get on summit until after 11am. I think I got at least 4-5 S2S contacts. With an eye on the western clouds, we were able to stay on summit until after 12n. The dark clouds didn't start appearing over the Wilson group until after 1pm. By the time they reached us, we were at the bottom of the scree slope. The thunder was sounding around us as we made our way along Yankee Boy Basin to the upper 4x4 trailhead and Randy's Jeep.

Andrew
KD5ZZK
Baton Rouge,LA
W5A-Arkansas SOTA manager

Bob K0NR

I will try to put together a list of mountains activated, with callsigns.
Please put your log out on the ham14er yahoo group along with any comments.

Overall, Saturday was a challenge with the weather not cooperating in many areas of the state. Sunday was much better...the central mountains (Sawatch Range, Southpark, etc.) had great weather in the morning with the usual storms in the afternoon. We had a lot more activators out but I don't have an accurate count.

73, Bob