Topics

9/10 ARRL VHF contest -- kq6ee will CQ contest - QRP

HON Chu

I will be at one of the 14 er to do CQ contest, listen to kq6ee starting 1800 UTC on Sat. at 146.55 fm, 446.0 fm, 223.5 fm, 1294.5 fm, 144.2 ssb, 432.1 ssb. 52.525 fm, 50.125 ssb. BE PREPARED !!!

see on the air

kq6ee

73

James Duffey

Which 14er will you be on? I will be at Mesa Verde, DM57, all day Saturday, as KK6MC/r and would love to work you. While SSB or CW is probably best, I can do FM too, including on 1296. Will you have horizontal polarized antennas? That will help, but not absolutely necessary. There will also be several rovers: W7QQ/r, N0IO/r, KE6LHL/r, and W0VOA/r on Grand Mesa Saturday in several grids. W0DET will be on from DM57 as well. On the front range, you will have W3DHJ/r in several grids. Depending on which 14er you are on, you should have a lot to work. - Duffey KK6MC/r

--
KK6MC
James Duffey

HON Chu

Probably NOT Pike Peak because they close at 5:30pm at the gate; So, go to Mt. Evans; but the last section is closed, the highest I can get there is Summit Lake Park -- may be 13000+ ' , I use vertical antennas.

kq6ee

Jeff <jeff@...>

Evans was open to the top for the 14er event. Might still be.

On Sep 5, 2016, at 6:07 PM, kq6ee55@... [ham14er] <ham14er@...> wrote:

Probably NOT Pike Peak because they close at 5:30pm at the gate; So, go to Mt. Evans; but the last section is closed, the highest I can get there is Summit Lake Park -- may be 13000+ ' , I use vertical antennas.

kq6ee

Bob K0NR

Hon,
Don't forget, they changed the ARRL VHF contest rules to allow the use of 146.52 MHz.
So you can use that frequency. Just don't be a calling freq hog :-)

73, Bob

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 9/4/2016 5:54 PM, kq6ee55@... [ham14er] wrote:

I will be at one of the 14 er to do CQ contest, listen to kq6ee starting 1800 UTC on Sat. at 146.55 fm, 446.0 fm, 223.5 fm, 1294.5 fm, 144.2 ssb, 432.1 ssb. 52.525 fm, 50.125 ssb. BE PREPARED !!!

see on the air

kq6ee

73

HON Chu

The summit section is closed after Labor Day; according to the internet !!!! SO SAD

Bob K0NR

I saw the same thing (for Mt Evans). They seem to be in a hurry to close it.