Topics

Announcing the 2017 Colorado 14er Event

Bob K0NR

Announcing the 2017 Colorado 14er Event, now with 1805 SOTA summits

Amateur Radio operators from around Colorado will be climbing many of Colorado’s 14,000-foot mountains and Summits On The Air (SOTA) peaks to set up amateur radio stations in an effort to communicate with other radio amateurs across the state and around the world. Well, last year we celebrated the 25th annual event so this year it must be the 26th. We are continuing the all weekend approach on August 5 and 6.

More here: http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2017/05/08/colorado14er2017/
and here: http://www.ham14er.org

Mark Molberg

I got the ball rolling on the 2017 database.

Go to the ham14er Yahoo Groups page, click on "More", then on "Database", and add your activation plans.

Brad - WA6MM

Nice Mark!  I guess I need to start thinking about this event soon..well, maybe in a couple of months ;-).  BTW, you should do Grays and Torreys together on the same day since they are so close to each other.  That would give you a change to add a third 14er on the second day.

---In ham14er@..., <n0mtn@...> wrote :

I got the ball rolling on the 2017 database.

Go to the ham14er Yahoo Groups page, click on "More", then on "Database", and add your activation plans.

KD5ZZK

Brad,
I was considering doing Redcloud and Sunshine Peaks this year for that very same reason. The standard route up to Sunshine Peak crosses over Redcloud Peak. Two 14ers in one day hike.

Andrew
KD5ZZK
Baton Rouge,LA
W5A-Arkansas manager

Brad - WA6MM

Hi Andrew,
Sounds like a great plan.  It's good to hear you're coming back after the bad weather we experienced on the first day of the event last year.  I'm glad Bob expanded the event to two days as that gives more options to deal with weather and other matters out of our control!