Topics

Check the weather

Bob K0NR

As the weekend approaches, I've been checking the weather forecast for the summits we plan to activate in the Weston Pass/Buena Vista area.
It sure looks like the classic pattern of afternoon thundershowers all weekend, so plan according.

"Off the summit before noon."

73 Bob K0NR

Yep...I see that as well Bob.  It's good that most people plan on topping out by 9:30am.  That way you can probably be your summit for an hour or more before descending.  I plan on posting my SOTA alerts later today. Everybody should do that soon!

I'm packing up my truck this afternoon and leaving for the Mt Yale trailhead tomorrow.