Topics

Colorado 14er Event - operating plans

Bob Witte, K0NR <list@...>

Here is the list that is out on Yahoo concerning operating plans for the
14er Event.
Keep in mind that the system we are using is "people indicate their plans
and
coordinate with other people on the mountain". Multiple stations operating
on
the same band on the same mountain WILL experience interference, so figure
out
how to cooperate for the benefit of all.

Sorry about the formatting...I am still trying to find a way to mail it in
a more readable form. The best thing to do is go read it off the Yahoo
groups
site directly in html.

If you are planning to participate, please indicate so on the Yahoo
database,
or just send a message out to this email list (ham14er@...).

The event is NEXT SUNDAY !!!!

- Bob K0NR

Table Name: Mountaintop Operating Plans (sign up)
Table Description: Indicate your plans for operating during the event

Mountain Callsign Operator Name Comments
Handies Peak KC0CAV Eric Plus other family members
Longs Peak NXDW Jeff Gerst If any one has a burning desire to do
Longs please send me a note @ noxdw@..., I may reconsider.. any one
who would like to help carry eqpment is more than welcome. any sherpas?
Longs Peak N0EC Ron Galbraith Will have 4 element yagi on 144, and
operate FM, and SSB with a FT-817
Mount Evans KC7KDZ AND W0KQX Larry White (KC7KDZ) and Ron Frame (W0KQX)
Changed plans from Yale to Evans (with KB0UAA)
Mt Antero KC0EFR/KC0MOM Mike and Carol Wilson
Mt Bierstadt KC0FSN Debbie Mewes Also Dirk Mewes (KC0EXR), Jonathan
Troup (K0DE) and Stephan Troup
Mt Bross N0KE Phil This was entered by Bob K0NR. Contact Phil at
pfkski@...
Mt. Bross N0TZL Dan Hupp The more the merrier, large flat summit so no
really high power please. Email n0tzl@... or discuss plans on the
ham14er group site.
Mt. Bross W4HXC Walt Hope to join Dan. Sorry I missed last year, due
to date conflict. It looks clear for ths year.
Mt. Evans KB0UAA The IAAS & DPS North High School Amateur Radio Group
We'll be on the mtn early in the morning to get the best parking spaces.
Others are welcome in the late morning & afternoon. We plan to leave about
noon.
Pikes Peak K0YB Bob (K0NR, ex-KB0CY) plus others We can usually
accomodate additional operators...please send me an email at k0nr@...
if you are interested.
San Luis WE7C Glen Noble Tentative plans, might also include W0FD, 2
meters and 440 FM
Torreys Peak KC0JHQ K. Mark Caviezel Running 2 m and 440....5 Mile
hike from Loveland pass.... will have some non ham friends, other hams more
than welcome to join in... kmcaviezel@... to contact me