Topics

Colorado 14er Event

K. Mark Caviezel

I've made a 388 mile QSO with 4W into a 3 element
beam.... (balloon borne repeater) I'm no electrical
engineer, what would theoretical range be for two 14er
hams with only 4W HTs and 1/4 wave omni antenna? Is
a beam really necessary ?

- KMC

--- Phil Krichbaum <pfkski@...> wrote:

To break the peak to peak record would most likely
require Longs on one end
(the most northern 14er) and a peak in the San Juans
on the other end. I
assume Sunshine is down there somewhere. Cueblra or
Lindsey would also work
down on the south end. Lindsey would probably just
barely break the record.
At least a small yagi on each end would probably be
required. A FT817 or
equivalant on each end would also help for CW or
SSB.
73 Phil N0KE