Topics

Colorado 14er Event - Saturday

Bob K0NR

Joyce K0JJW and I had a great time on Huron Peak (W0C/SR-010) today.
[The trailhead sign calls it Mount Huron, the SOTA database says Huron Peak.]

The weather was mostly cloudy but we got some sun as well. Got down without getting wet.
I won't mention all the QSOs right now but snagged about 6 other summits S2S, most of them 14ers.

We will be going out Sunday as well, tentatively to Mount Evans but checking weather and logistics.

Come out and play on Sunday!

73, Bob K0NR

David Stillman

I had a blast on Pyramid Peak today, with some scattered clouds but mostly clear weather. Like Bob, got a bunch of S2S which is fantastic.

I am going to bail on the 17-mile RT Capitol Peak after K0FPX snagged the first activation, and instead go for Mount of the Holy Cross which is shorter, class 2, and closer to home for me for the drive home. I'm camped at the trailhead now and will again shoot for a 10am summit in the morning.

Looking forward to chatting with you all again tomorrow!

73,

Dave KI6YMZ

--
Sorry for the typos, sent from my phone.