Topics

Colorado 14er Event Results - rev 2 [1 Attachment]

Jeff <jeff@...>

I worked a few on 446 from Evans plus skyler had a 900 MHz contact.

On Aug 11, 2016, at 10:14 PM, 'Bob Witte (K0NR)' @K0NR [ham14er] <ham14er@...> wrote:

I made a few edits, increasing the number of unique summits to 18 with
11 of them 14ers.

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 8/9/2016 12:08 PM, 'Bob Witte (K0NR)' @K0NR [ham14er] wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone that came out and played radio this weekend in the
Colorado 14er Event. This includes activators and chasers...both are fun
and important ways to participate.

I've put together a list of summits activated based on the logs posted
to this group (attached). I am sure it is incomplete and may have a few
errors, so let me know what needs to be changed. (Usually it takes a few
iterations to get it right.) It shows 16 unique summits (11 of them
14ers) activated over the weekend. Clearly, the weather on Saturday
slammed the participation but Sunday had more typical weather with good
activity. I was hoping we would get more than 20 summits on the air over
the weekend, which would probably have happened if we had more activity
on Saturday. Oh, well: Safety First.

This is the first time we had the event span the whole weekend (Sat and
Sun). While Saturday did not yield very many activations, the weather
could have gone the other way and Sunday might have been a bust. The
event task force will probably want to continue this approach in future
years but let us know what you think.

73, Bob

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links

<Colorado 14er Event 2016 Peaks Activated.docx>