Topics

Colorado Outdoor Recreation Search and Rescue Card

Bob K0NR

Did you know that this is a thing?

Colorado Outdoor Search and Rescue Card (CORSAR)

This is a good way to help fund the many search and rescue organizations in the state.

See this article: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/colorado-asks-adventurists-to-pay-for-search-and-rescue-card

73, Bob K0NR

Mark Molberg

I used to do a lot of rock and ice climbing in Colorado. I had purchased this card a few times in the past. I purchased mine at REI stores. I stopped most of the climbing ten years ago and I buy hunting and fishing licenses every year. I believe the SAR surcharge I pay with license fees goes into the same fund.

I am glad to see this article. I would be happy to purchase the card in addition to license surcharges. This SAR card fell off my radar several years ago. As I recall the retailer gets $3 and SAR gets $9 on the $12 card.

Mark
N0MTN

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:03 PM, "'Bob Witte (K0NR)' bob@... [ham14er]" wrote:

Did you know that this is a thing?
Colorado Outdoor Search and Rescue Card (CORSAR)

This is a good way to help fund the many search and rescue organizations in the state.

73, Bob K0NR

Bob K0NR

Mark,
I used to have a fishing license and the SAR fee was included. I have not renewed that license, so now I have a 5 year CORSAR card.

BobW
Sent from mobile device

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:03 PM, "'Bob Witte (K0NR)' bob@... [ham14er]" <ham14er@...> wrote:

Did you know that this is a thing?
Colorado Outdoor Search and Rescue Card (CORSAR)

This is a good way to help fund the many search and rescue organizations in the state.

73, Bob K0NR

Bob K0NR

Looks like a few email messages have gotten delayed through Yahoo groups. I sent this one a few days ago.

BobW
Sent from mobile device