Topics

CQ VHF Article on QRP operating

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

An article I wrote about QRP VHF operating was just published in the
Spring issue of CQ VHF Magazine. I referenced the mountaintopping
that we do during the 14er Event. Take a look at a sample page at
http://www.cq-vhf.com/Operating%20VHF%20QRP%20Spring%202003.html

There is a photo of Greg Wilson, KC0ADT using a tape measure yagi
antenna from the top of Mt Democrat.

Bob K0NR

Andy Goris <andygoris@...>

A Tape measure Yagi? Is this for real? Do the elements stay rigid???? Was that a 2M Yagi? That is cooooool. I've never seen one of those before.
-Andy
AA0CM

Bob Witte K0NR wrote:

An article I wrote about QRP VHF operating was just published in the Spring issue of CQ VHF Magazine. I referenced the mountaintopping that we do during the 14er Event. Take a look at a sample page at
http://www.cq-vhf.com/Operating%20VHF%20QRP%20Spring%202003.html

There is a photo of Greg Wilson, KC0ADT using a tape measure yagi antenna from the top of Mt Democrat.

Eric Krohn

Search the web for tape measure yagi. There are one or two popular
designs floating around for fox hunting (RDF). My son KC0CEN has made a
few of them and they work well for the 14er event (easy to backpack).

--
Eric Krohn
KC0CAV

You write:

Bob Witte K0NR wrote:

An article I wrote about QRP VHF operating was just published in the
Spring issue of CQ VHF Magazine. I referenced the mountaintopping
that we do during the 14er Event. Take a look at a sample page at
http://www.cq-vhf.com/Operating%20VHF%20QRP%20Spring%202003.html

There is a photo of Greg Wilson, KC0ADT using a tape measure yagi
antenna from the top of Mt Democrat.

Bob K0NR

Andy Goris <andygoris@...>

The thing I like is that they could be set up very quickly, if the tape
is permanently fixed to the boom.
I'll search the web. Thanks!
-Andy
AA0CM

Bob Witte K0NR wrote:

An article I wrote about QRP VHF operating was just published in the
Spring issue of CQ VHF Magazine. I referenced the mountaintopping
that we do during the 14er Event. Take a look at a sample page at
http://www.cq-vhf.com/Operating%20VHF%20QRP%20Spring%202003.html

There is a photo of Greg Wilson, KC0ADT using a tape measure yagi
antenna from the top of Mt Democrat.

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

These are the URLs I had found when preparing the CQ VHF article:
Information on "tape measure" Yagi antennas
(designed by Joe Leggio WB2HOL):
http://home.att.net/~jleggio/projects/rdf/tape_bm.htm
http://www.frontiernet.net/~elisa96/w2ki/flexbeam.html

Bob Witte K0NR wrote:

An article I wrote about QRP VHF operating was just published in the
Spring issue of CQ VHF Magazine. I referenced the mountaintopping
that we do during the 14er Event. Take a look at a sample page at
http://www.cq-vhf.com/Operating%20VHF%20QRP%20Spring%202003.html

There is a photo of Greg Wilson, KC0ADT using a tape measure yagi
antenna from the top of Mt Democrat.

Andy Goris <andygoris@...>

Thanks. I'ld like to make a version that's lighter than the large PVC
with hose clamps. Looks like a fun project. I guess it would be real
easy to measure the elements :-) :-) :-).

-Andy