Topics

Digest Number 28

K. Mark Caviezel

Mark Caviezel KC0JHQ for Torrey's peak... tried to
modify my comments, but said no permission.
was going to add
"2 m and 440" have made a very cool 2m 3 element
tape measure yagi, that, if the winds are modest, I
will deploy and ping to far off mountain tops with the
extra low power 100 mW setting on the D7."

Say, is there a lat/long database of the summits?
This would be just the thing to poke into my gps so
that I can ID different peaks (sorry, new to CO, don't
know all of what I see when I am up there)

- KMC KC0JHQ

--- ham14er@... wrote:

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Colorado 14er Event Update
From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:53:52 -0600
From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>
Subject: Colorado 14er Event Update

ham14er list:

The web page for the Colorado 14er Event has been
completely reworked.
Now would be a good time to review it carefully,
especially the
Operating Guidelines. The URL is
http://www.Colorado14erEvent.org

People indicating their plans for the event are
coming in slower than
other years. If you are planning to participate,
please let the rest
of the group know by posting your plans at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ham14er/database

You'll have to sign onto the yahoo groups page. If
you have any trouble
with this, just let me know and we'll work it out.

A few important points:

- Hiking in the mountains can be hazardous to
your health....make sure
you are properly prepared.
- The primary 2M FM frequency is 147.42 MHz, then
move up in 15 kHz
increments as activity increases. (This is the
same as last year,
see the web page for more info.)
- Feel free to try whatever bands and modes you'd
like during the event.
This event is NOT limited to 2M FM.
- New this year: The Colorado Connection Repeater
System will be used
to pass status information for the event.
* Your use of the repeater system should be
limited to passing
information to the net control station
and other 14er stations
about your status (arriving at the
summit, leaving the summit,
etc.)
We don't want the 14er Event to turn into
a repeater operating
event.
Please do not use the Connection for
general 14er contacts.
* Pause between transmissions on the
Connection....it takes a while
for the system to come up and we need to
allow room for other
operators to break in. We must not
monopolize the repeater
system!
- Please take it easy on using high power (more
than about 25W). Most of
mountaintop stations will be using handheld
radios that output
approximately
2 to 5 watts. High power stations can easily
interfere with stations
they
can't hear.

Bob Witte
K0NR
k0nr@...
bob@...
http://www.rwitte.com

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

Hi Mark,
in short yes there is it is at:
http://home.att.net/~Colo14er/14erlist.htm
That will give you Lat, Long and Grid square. Hope that helps.

From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:53:52 -0600
From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

[...]

John Maki <john_maki@...>

Here's another good site with 14er distance/bearing/location data:
http://members.aol.com/colo14er/14erdata.html

John

From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:53:52 -0600
From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

[...]

Bob Witte, K0NR <list@...>

Mark,
I added "2M and 440" to the comments section...let me know if
I didn't get it right.

The list of the official 14er mountains is at
http://www.Colorado14erEvent.org/14erlist.htm
and it does include lat and lon.

I suspect that someone out there might have a GPS-ready file
with the 14er lats/lon ??? If so, upload it to the
yahoo groups site.

Bob K0NR

From: "Bob Witte, K0NR" <list@...>

Message: 1