Topics

Get Your 14er Event Plans Together

Bob K0NR

OK, I can start nagging everyone about this because I finally got around to posting our Colorado 14er Event plans.

We are one week away from the event, so let's get the info into the database on Yahoo groups.
That way we can see what other folks are planning so we spread out on the summits or coordinate if we end up on the same summit.

You may also want to put an alert out on SOTAwatch.org

Sometimes we aren't exactly sure what we are going to do so we hesitate to post anything. However, it is better if you post your intentions even if they are not 100% certain. If you think about it, no one's plans are 100% sure...always subject to weather, illness, family priorities, etc. This isn't a contractual commitment. :-)

This past week, we have seen the weather pattern settle into the classic summertime afternoon showers. Given the wildfire situation, the rain is welcome. But keep this in mind and plan to get below treeline around noon.

73 Bob K0NR

Hi Bob,
I posted my plans for the 14er event next weekend. I see you did also.  I plan to be on14ers both days and work as many stations as possible -- on VHF and HF.

Looking forward to years years event!!!

Now we're talking...
There are 19 summits listed, including two W6's.
Keep them coming!