Topics

Good Day Today

Bob K0NR

Overall, it was a good day today for the Colorado 14er Event.
There seemed to be plenty of activity on 2m FM and people did a good job of starting on 147.42 and moving up to 147.45 and 147.48.
(At least that's what I heard from South Peak.)

Brad/WA6MM texted me that he had to abandon the effort on Mount Yale due to a foot problem. Ouch.

I did get skunked on the "exotic bands/modes": 2m ssb, 6m ssb, 222 fm and 1.2gig fm. Oh well.

How was HF?

73 Bob

Mark Molberg

"How was HF?"

I made 6 contacts on 30m CW. I wanted to play more HF but the clouds were building and I decided it was time to get off Mount Belford.

I tried 20m CW but there was a contest going on so I stuck with 30m.

I drove through Leadville last night and arrived at the
Missouri Gulch trailhead last night. I hiked from 8 to 930 pm and set up my hammock. Got a good start at 530 this morning.

Mark
N0MTN

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 3:40 PM, Bob K0NR
<bob@...> wrote:
Overall, it was a good day today for the Colorado 14er Event.
There seemed to be plenty of activity on 2m FM and people did a good job
of starting on 147.42 and moving up to 147.45 and 147.48.
(At least that's what I heard from South Peak.)

Brad/WA6MM texted me that he had to abandon the effort on Mount Yale due
to a foot problem. Ouch.

I did get skunked on the "exotic bands/modes": 2m ssb, 6m ssb, 222 fm
and 1.2gig fm. Oh well.

How was HF?

73 Bob

Brian

From California I tried some HF contacts with any 14 er I could hear perched atop a 2.5er  that I ascended.   No luck, I could hear none. This was from about 1015 am Central to about 1045 Central.    I worked Ks, and Pa with my 5 watts, but not a peep from the mountain top crowd.  I tried on 30 m some, mostly 20 m.

Brian
N6IZ

<bob@...> wrote:
Overall, it was a good day today for the Colorado 14er Event.
There seemed to be plenty of activity on 2m FM and people did a good job
of starting on 147.42 and moving up to 147.45 and 147.48.
(At least that's what I heard from South Peak.)

Brad/WA6MM texted me that he had to abandon the effort on Mount Yale due
to a foot problem. Ouch.

I did get skunked on the "exotic bands/modes": 2m ssb, 6m ssb, 222 fm
and 1.2gig fm. Oh well.

How was HF?

73 Bob

Pelagic Autopilot LLC

Bill

I listened on 20m all morning and most of the afternoon, never heard a peep on HF at all from CO.   There was lots of activity on the band, and I made a good number of contacts,  but no 14er's.

Oh well, there's always next year.

73,
Bill VE3FI