Topics

Greetings Group

k0cao

Just wanted to let the group know that my friend John and I summited
Mt Yale on March 10. It was a pretty difficult hike and took close
to 12 hours to complete. (6 hours breaking trail through 4+ feet of
snow and avoiding some minor avalanche danger . I posted a few pics
here http://www.qsl.net/kocao/hiking/yale.html and on the new 14er
site.

I had the radio with me but forgot to call out until we started to
head down. Oh well, I will keep working on that pinnacle award.

With the way the snow is melting in the high country we may have a
good early climbing season.

73's!

Chris K0CAO

k0cao

OPPS sorry for the bad link

it is www.qsl.net/k0cao/hiking/yale.html

--- In ham14er@..., "Chris" <k0cao@y...> wrote:
Just wanted to let the group know that my friend John and I
summited
Mt Yale on March 10. It was a pretty difficult hike and took close
to 12 hours to complete. (6 hours breaking trail through 4+ feet
of
snow and avoiding some minor avalanche danger . I posted a few
pics
here http://www.qsl.net/kocao/hiking/yale.html and on the new 14er
site.

I had the radio with me but forgot to call out until we started to
head down. Oh well, I will keep working on that pinnacle award.

With the way the snow is melting in the high country we may have a
good early climbing season.

73's!

Chris K0CAO

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Chris,
It is the lack of oxygen that caused you to forget to fire up the radio
(or maybe just survival instinct)!
Drop us an email to the ham14er list when you head out...even if it is
at the last minute and we'll try to contact you from the summit.

Be safe,

Bob K0NR