Topics

I am a HIKING HAM

HON Chu

Hi Everybody:
My name is Hon Chu, I live in Arcadia, Ca. I looked at the
internet to find the HAM14er. I like it very much. I hiked at
southern California a lot of. In souhtern California, this are many
hiking places. I like to hike at the mountain peaks such as Mt
Wilson (6000+), Mt Balden Powell (9000+) and Mt Baldy (10000+). I
hike all of them. Couple years ago, I hike up to Mt. Whitney with
the boy scout. I went to White Mountain which is 14000+ feet on the
Field Day, but I did not hike to the top. I just stayed at the trail
head (11000+ ft) and did some field days. Most of the contest (vhf
& uhf), I went to the mountain top to do QRP. I will go Colorado
some day. I don't think I will go to Colorado this year. Winter is
danger to climbe up to high mountains.

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

kq6ee55 wrote:

Winter is danger to climbe up to high mountains.
This years event is scheduled for August 10. The reason we schedule for the
August time frame is that is likely to be the safest time of year. Near the
end of the Summer and most of the snow from the winter should be melted we
hope. You are more than welcome to join us this year or in the future when
you can make it out this way. There is something majestic about being on top
of a mountain at over 14,000 feet.
73 and good luck, NXDW.

Dino Darling <k6rix@...>

I am now back in California. When I was living in Colorado, I did Mt.
Evans (why hike when you can drive is what I say!) and had a lot of fun!

I will go back some day and participate in this fine activity again.

Hon Chu, we do a radio event for a 100-mile foot race in the Angeles Crest
Mountains in September. Would you be interested in finding out more about it?

If so, e-mail me directly at k6rix@... You can also check out the web
page for the race at...
http://www.ac100.com

There is no information for the radio Amateur there, but I can answer those
questions directly.

At 03:55 PM 7/15/03 -0600, you wrote:

kq6ee55 wrote:

Winter is danger to climbe up to high mountains.
This years event is scheduled for August 10. The reason we schedule for the
August time frame is that is likely to be the safest time of year. Near the
end of the Summer and most of the snow from the winter should be melted we
hope. You are more than welcome to join us this year or in the future when
you can make it out this way. There is something majestic about being on top
of a mountain at over 14,000 feet.
73 and good luck, NØXDW.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705063108:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=30504&media=atkins>3523a3.jpg