Topics

I did it, Training Hike in MT. San Gorgorio-12 HOURS

HON Chu

kq6ee did training hike yesterday. I arrive at the trail head called
Vivian Creek at 6:36 am, Time the I arrived at the peak was about
12:30 pm, I ate my lunch, talked on the radio (qrp) for a while, and
hiked down about 1:30pm. I got to my car at 6:24pm. OLD MAN CHU can
hike for twelve hours. It is 7.8 miles one way, and the elevation
gain is 5500 feet. I can hike up to Mt Elbert and Mt Massive without
any problem-- I think. The only different is Mt Elbert is 14000+,
and Mt. San Gorgoria is 11000+ BE PREPARE AND BE READY. 73 TO ALL.

K. Mark Caviezel

Wow, that's a heck of a hike.
Although there is a significant difference between
summiting an 11er versus a 14er, you'll probably be in
good condition for the 14er event.

- KMC ac0ak Denver