Topics

Introducing myself

jklmnop@...

John McEldowney, KG7LBY, from Logan Utah.  I'd like to participate this year, most likely from one or more of the peaks in the San Juan range.  I see the peak database is just getting started.  By making an entry there is that like declaring "dibs", so I need to decide on my destinations ASAP?

Thanks!

Bob K0NR

John,
Welcome to the fun!
The idea behind posting your plans on the yahoo group is just to coordinate with everyone else. In general, it makes the most sense for us to spread out and activate as many summits as possible. If you see that someone has already picked a summit, you should probably choose something else. Alternatively, sometimes people interested in the same summit connect up and find a cooperative way to make it work. The big issue is that two operators on the same band on the same summit at the same time will interfere with each other.

This is still May, so no rush to get your plan posted.

73, Bob K0NR

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 11-May-17 6:07 AM, jklmnop@... [ham14er] wrote:

John McEldowney, KG7LBY, from Logan Utah. I'd like to participate this year, most likely from one or more of the peaks in the San Juan range. I see the peak database is just getting started. By making an entry there is that like declaring "dibs", so I need to decide on my destinations ASAP?

Thanks!

Posted by: jklmnop@...

Hi John,
It would be great to have you participate this year.  We always have a good time and hopefully the weather will cooperate.  The weather kept several activators home on the first day of the event last year, although a few of us braved the conditions and made many contacts.  Fortunately, the weather cleared up for the second day and there was much more activity.

We try to promote doing many summit to summit 14er contacts during this event and that's why the peak database was implemented.  The easier drive up peaks (Evans and Pikes) always have multiple activators and I'll most likely have out of state visitors with me.

---In ham14er@..., <jklmnop@...> wrote :

John McEldowney, KG7LBY, from Logan Utah.  I'd like to participate this year, most likely from one or more of the peaks in the San Juan range.  I see the peak database is just getting started.  By making an entry there is that like declaring "dibs", so I need to decide on my destinations ASAP?

Thanks!

jklmnop@...

Thank you Bob!  I'll be firming up my plans asap.