Topics

January VHF Sweepstakes - K0NR results

Bob Witte, K0NR <list@...>

January VHF Contest - K0NR

As planned, I spent Saturday afternoon on the top of
Mt Herman (DM79, just west of Monument, ~9000 feet in elevation).
The weather was excellent--- little wind, about 45 deg F, sunny.
I operated Single Op Portable ("QRP Portable") using an FT-817,
a dualband (2M/70cm) Arrow yagi antenna and a dipole for 6M.

The hike in was relatively easy as there was very little snow
(unusual for this time of year in that location). But there
were nasty patches of ice on the trail.

Activity on Saturday afternoon was not too bad but concentrated
in DM78, DM79 and DN70. I worked quite a few stations on FM.
No records set, but I had a great time in the mountains
playing radio.

Valid
QSOs Pts/QSO QSO Pts Mult
50 MHz 13 1 13 2