Topics

January VHF Sweepstakes

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

The ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes are coming up next
weekend. Note that the date was incorrectly published
in QST. The correct dates are Jan 24 to 26.

This is a good chance to get on the air and see who
you can work on VHF. OK, it may not be the best time
of year to be on top of a 14er, but perhaps something
a little lower in elevation and higher in temperature.

Complete rules can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/jan-vhf-ss.html

A getting started guide for VHF contests can be found
at
http://www.rwitte.com/vhf_contest.html

=====
Bob Witte
bob@...
k0nr@...

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Assuming the weather forecast holds, I will operate
"backpack QRP portable" from the top of Mt Herman
(DM79), west of Monument during the VHF contest on
Saturday. Main rig will be an FT-817 for 6M, 2M and 70
cm, on both SSB and FM. I'll also have an HT and a
small beam for 222 MHz.

On 2M FM, I'll monitor 147.42 MHz (.52 is not
allowed). Standard calling frequencies everywhere
else:
50.125 MHz SSB, 52.525 MHz FM, 144.200 MHz SSB,
223.500 MHz FM, 432.100 MHz SSB, 446.000 MHz FM.

I should be on the summit for the start of the contest
at noon, and stay until the sun goes down or the
batteries are dead. I may go back up on Sunday, too.

I'd appreciate any and all contacts.

--- Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...> wrote:
The ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes are coming up next
weekend.
Note that the date was incorrectly published in QST.
The correct dates are Jan 24 to 26.

Complete rules can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/jan-vhf-ss.html

A getting started guide for VHF contests can be
found
at
http://www.rwitte.com/vhf_contest.html

=====
Bob Witte
bob@...
k0nr@...

k0cao

Hey Bob,

Depending on the weather I might head up Mt Sherman on Saturday for a
few hours. I will operate on 6, 2 and 70cm. I will keep you
posted.

73's
Chris K0CAO

--- Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@r...> wrote:
The ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes are coming up next
weekend.
Note that the date was incorrectly published in QST.
The correct dates are Jan 24 to 26.

Complete rules can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/jan-vhf-ss.html

A getting started guide for VHF contests can be
found
at
http://www.rwitte.com/vhf_contest.html

=====
Bob Witte
bob@r...
k0nr@a...

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Take a jacket with you! :-)

Bob K0NR

--- Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@r...> wrote:
The ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes are coming up
next
weekend.
Note that the date was incorrectly published in
QST.
The correct dates are Jan 24 to 26.

Complete rules can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/jan-vhf-ss.html

A getting started guide for VHF contests can be
found
at
http://www.rwitte.com/vhf_contest.html

=====