Topics

K0NR + K0JJW - Day 2 Colorado 14er Event

Bob K0NR

Day 2 of the Colorado 14er Event worked out well for Joyce/K0JJW and me.
We activated SP-042, an unnamed summit about 2 miles south of Cottonwood Pass.
This is a wonderful hike that follows the Continental Divide Trail, on top of the world.
This is the third time we've activated it. Highly recommended.

I think there were fewer activators out today but we still had plenty of action.
Most of our contacts were 2m FM but I was pleased to snag an S2S contact using 2m SSB with David/KI6YM on Princeton.
I also worked Jay/W9RM near Olathe, CO at a distance of about 85 miles. Easy peasy on 2m SSB.
I also caught Bob/W0BV on 6m SSB.

The weather cooperated and only a single thundercloud was in the area around 1 PM as we reached the trailhead.

73 Bob

Wayne Hall AD0KE

Wow! Thank you! What an amazing weekend! Democrat Saturday on vhf 2m fm and Lincoln today on 20m and 2m again. The chasers were amazing, and such a huge help. Thank you. I was able to spend 2 hours on Lincoln today and there was enough radio activity I would have been busy longer but needed to get back to base camp, and just in time for a downpour. What an amazing weekend. So worth the efforts.

Many thanks to all!

73, Wayne

On Aug 4, 2019, at 17:24, Bob K0NR <@K0NR> wrote:

Day 2 of the Colorado 14er Event worked out well for Joyce/K0JJW and me.
We activated SP-042, an unnamed summit about 2 miles south of Cottonwood Pass.
This is a wonderful hike that follows the Continental Divide Trail, on top of the world.
This is the third time we've activated it. Highly recommended.

I think there were fewer activators out today but we still had plenty of action.
Most of our contacts were 2m FM but I was pleased to snag an S2S contact using 2m SSB with David/KI6YM on Princeton.
I also worked Jay/W9RM near Olathe, CO at a distance of about 85 miles. Easy peasy on 2m SSB.
I also caught Bob/W0BV on 6m SSB.

The weather cooperated and only a single thundercloud was in the area around 1 PM as we reached the trailhead.

73 Bob

Oops, David's call is KI6YMZ

(But half the time on the air, I put a zero in for the number.)

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 04-Aug-19 5:24 PM, Bob K0NR wrote:
Day 2 of the Colorado 14er Event worked out well for Joyce/K0JJW and me.
We activated SP-042, an unnamed summit about 2 miles south of Cottonwood Pass.
This is a wonderful hike that follows the Continental Divide Trail, on top of the world.
This is the third time we've activated it. Highly recommended.

I think there were fewer activators out today but we still had plenty of action.
Most of our contacts were 2m FM but I was pleased to snag an S2S contact using 2m SSB with David/KI6YM on Princeton.
I also worked Jay/W9RM near Olathe, CO at a distance of about 85 miles. Easy peasy on 2m SSB.
I also caught Bob/W0BV on 6m SSB.

The weather cooperated and only a single thundercloud was in the area around 1 PM as we reached the trailhead.

73 Bob

David Stillman

With any luck that will be changing in the coming weeks, as soon as I hear back from the FCC with a (zero included!) new call... I'm not holding my breath though!

Dave KI6YMZ