Topics

Kit Carson

Joe Burleson <ab0yc@...>

The first day of winter is Monday. With that we will begin the
continuing effort to climb the 14ers in winter. The first this season
will be Kit Carson and Challenger Peak. These are located in the
Sangre De Cristo range north of the dunes. If all goes well we will
do the approach on Sunday and climb on Monday. If the weather on the
summit is reasonable I will make a call on 146.52 or if busy, 146.54.
This will probably be between 10am-1pm. If the approach goes less
than well, the call could come Tuesday about the same time. This,
however, will not make the wife happy as we would be getting back
xmas eve.

Joe
ab0yc

K. Mark Caviezel

sounds very cool Joe. Stay warm !

I'm in Edgewater, near Denver, so I can't get you
direct from that summit. But, good luck making long
range QSOs !!!!

merry xmas all ham 14ers !!!!

- KMC

--- Joe Burleson <ab0yc@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Joe,
The 2M FM band plan for Colorado uses 15 kHz spacings, so the next
simplex frequency up from 146.52 MHz would be 146.535 MHz (not 146.54
MHz). Since 15 kHz spacing is kind of tight, most people would tend
to skip to 146.55 MHz.

I have some information on my web site about the overall 2M band plan
at http://www.rwitte.com/2m_frequencies.html

I will try to listen for you on Monday and Tuesday from Monument,
CO.

--- In ham14er@..., "Joe Burleson" <ab0yc@y...> wrote:
The first day of winter is Monday. With that we will begin the
continuing effort to climb the 14ers in winter. The first this
season
will be Kit Carson and Challenger Peak. These are located in the
Sangre De Cristo range north of the dunes. If all goes well we will
do the approach on Sunday and climb on Monday. If the weather on
the
summit is reasonable I will make a call on 146.52 or if busy,
146.54.
This will probably be between 10am-1pm. If the approach goes less
than well, the call could come Tuesday about the same time. This,
however, will not make the wife happy as we would be getting back
xmas eve.

Joe
ab0yc

kc7gf@...

Bob, not to be nit picky, BUT he can use any frequency in the two meter FM
band that he wants to, (except the CW portion) but you are right that the next
15 kc spaced "channel" would be 146,535. I'll try to listen here from Lookout
Mtn. (Who's crazy enough to climb a 14er in the winter, thar' be white stuff up
there)

Cheers and Merry Christmas Everyone, Art - KC7GF, Golden, CO

Bob Witte K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

Art,
That's correct...its not against the FCC rules to use such a
frequency. However, band plans are created to make the best use of
the spectrum. Just like even though its legal to use SSB on 146.52
MHz, it is still a really bad idea :-)

--- In ham14er@..., kc7gf@a... wrote:
Bob, not to be nit picky, BUT he can use any frequency in the two
meter FM band that he wants to, (except the CW portion) but you are
right that the next 15 kc spaced "channel" would be 146,535. I'll try
to listen here from Lookout Mtn. (Who's crazy enough to climb a 14er
in the winter, thar' be white stuff up there)

Cheers and Merry Christmas Everyone, Art - KC7GF, Golden, CO

Frank McNally <warm.fuzzy@...>

Bob,
I teach the amateur radio Technician course in Colorado Springs. I just
took a look at your web site and wish to congratulate you in the treatment
of the bandplan. I do cover all of the information presented on the site in
detail, but often worry about the new tech entering our hobby. I would like
to use your site as a backup resource during the classes. It is amazing how
the class material finds its ways into other areas of amateur radio.

73
Frank McNally / KFWF

--- In ham14er@..., kc7gf@a... wrote:
Bob, not to be nit picky, BUT he can use any frequency in the two
meter FM band that he wants to, (except the CW portion) but you are
right that the next 15 kc spaced "channel" would be 146,535. I'll try
to listen here from Lookout Mtn. (Who's crazy enough to climb a 14er
in the winter, thar' be white stuff up there)

Cheers and Merry Christmas Everyone, Art - KC7GF, Golden, CO

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Bob Witte <k0nr-list@...>

Frank,
I am aware of and impressed by your on-going work teaching license classes.
You've trained quite a few hams over the years!

Anyone is welcome to use anything from my web site for non-profit ham activities
such as training courses. I wrote the article on the 2M bandplan after I
heard about some new techs in the Colorado Springs area arbitrarily choosing
something like 146.57 as their favorite simplex frequency. It was causing
interference problems on adjacent recognized simplex frequencies.

I teach the amateur radio Technician course in Colorado Springs. I just
took a look at your web site and wish to congratulate you in the treatment
of the bandplan. I do cover all of the information presented on the site
in
detail, but often worry about the new tech entering our hobby. I would
like
to use your site as a backup resource during the classes. It is amazing
how
the class material finds its ways into other areas of amateur radio.

73
Frank McNally / KFØWF