Topics

KX0R

Jeff <jeff@...>

Just made an in state contact with George on 20, and I must echo the comments from K0NR. My CW is poor at best, but he readily slowed down to match my speed. My paddle has bad contacts so I have to use the PTT on my desk mic. Not a great replacement for even a straight key!
Great operator!

Mark Molberg

Here in Evergreen I can't hear the CO activators. I was listening for KX0R. I need to get a remote station set up that I can work from my gun shop.

Mark
N0MTN

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:06 AM, "Jeff jeff@... [ham14er]" wrote:

Just made an in state contact with George on 20, and I must echo the comments from K0NR. My CW is poor at best, but he readily slowed down to match my speed. My paddle has bad contacts so I have to use the PTT on my desk mic. Not a great replacement for even a straight key!
Great operator!

Jeff <jeff@...>

That is why I was especially pleased to be able too work him! Those 100 mile hauls can be tough! Rarely can I hear the Colorado activations, not sure if the beam helps for those.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:06 AM, "Jeff jeff@... [ham14er]" <ham14er@...> wrote:

Just made an in state contact with George on 20, and I must echo the comments from K0NR. My CW is poor at best, but he readily slowed down to match my speed. My paddle has bad contacts so I have to use the PTT on my desk mic. Not a great replacement for even a straight key!
Great operator!

Brad - WA6MM

Nicely done Jeff.  It's always hit or miss when I try to work the local CO activators.  I couldn't hear KX0R at all yesterday.  Some days I'm able to work him only on the low bands....some days only the higher bands...some days not at all.

Of course, learning and using Morse code is always a plus particularity when band conditions aren't great or if the activator only uses CW (like KX0R) ;-).