Topics

List of 14ers Never Activated or within last 5 years

n0bn@...

I have reviewed the archives to see which peaks haven't been activated
recently or at all. Some might find this of interest in working on expanding
the list or revisiting long dormant summits.

Never Activated:
Crestone Peak
Mount Wilson
Mount Belford
El Diente Peak
Capitol Peak
Mount Eolus
Mount Columbia
Missouri Mountain
Culebra Peak
Wetterhorn Peak
North Maroon Peak
Mount of the Holy Cross

San Luis Peak was activated for the first time in 2002.

Peaks not activated in the last 5 years:
Mount Princeton 1998
Maroon Peak 1997
Mount Sneffels 1998
Snowmass Mountain 1998
Windom Peak 1996
Sunlight Peak 1996
Ellingwood Point 1997
Redcloud Peak 1997
Sunshine Peak 1996

An assault on the Chicago Basin group would make a fine trip! Larry KØNA and
I talked a bit about going in there last year but the summer was just too
hectic. Tom NØDSP has also mentioned trying some 14ers this year.

Just thought someone might be interested! I hope I can make it this year:
I've missed the last two.

73,

Daniel NØBN

Andy Goris <andygoris@...>

I have been on top of Holy Cross for 14er day, but it was several years ago.
I almost got fried by lightning.
-Andy
AA0CM

n0bn@... wrote:

[...]

An assault on the Chicago Basin group would make a fine trip! Larry KNA and I talked a bit about going in there last year but the summer was just too hectic. Tom NDSP has also mentioned trying some 14ers this year.

Just thought someone might be interested! I hope I can make it this year: I've missed the last two.

73,

Daniel NBN

Bob Witte <list@...>

Daniel,
Thanks for the info and I hope you can make it this year.
The summers in Colorado are just too short!

The 14er Event Task Force has been discussing the creation of an operating award
based on the number of 14ers worked (over multiple years). This could be an
incentive to activate neglected peaks over time.

I'll send some info out on this when things get a little clearer. (Note, this is not a
done deal, just kicking the idea around.)

Bob K0NR