Topics

Longest 6m Contact...

kb0qqw <crand@...>

Hi All,

I believe I logged the longest 6m contact this year from Mt. Evans.
I talked with KK6AIR Military Aero-Mobile over Eastern Kansas. He
was at 38,000 feet & I was using 5 watts with a 6m whip on the top of
the car.

I am still working on the QSL car for this contact, but I believe it
is the 1st 14er to Mil-Aircraft contact in the event's history. Is
this correct?

Chris

P.S. We'll have our logs done soon. There's this thing called work
that is getting in the way.

Bob Witte, K0NR <list@...>

Chris,
We also worked KK6AIR (aeronautical mobile) on 6M FM from Pikes Peak.
I don't see a notation as to his location at the time, so I don't
know how far away he was.

I recall having aeronautical mobiles active during the event but
I don't remember any military aircraft.

Bob K0NR